Tuesday, May 02, 2006

i grew up a reds fan. my dad was a reds fan, so by association, i was a reds fan. i hate the reds this year.
it isn't because they are in first. it's because i don't like seeing that kind of baseball. last night's game only featured two home runs, but i don't like seeing teams live and die by the home run. don't get me wrong... i love the home run, and great long ball hitters are something to watch, but if they happen every game, they lose something. show me a hard fought four to five game with fifteen hits total, all the runs manufactured. give me small ball. give me great (or at least, evenly matched) pitching.
for all my bitching, last night's game was the other kind i hate to see. it's one where the redbirds just seem to roll over and die. i don't like the kid much, but bronson arroyo pitched quite a game, the cornrow-wearin' brat.

No comments: